TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Information You Provide to Us.
In general, you may visit the Website or download the Application without telling us who you are or sharing any Personal Information with us. When you register for an account for the Services (an “Account”), use other aspects of the Services, or communicate with us for customer service or technical support for the Services, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information, such as your name, email address, address, postal address, mobile number, bank and payment account information. Additionally, if we are required by law to communicate with you and file certain forms with tax authorities, we may ask you to provide us or our service provider certain personal information, including but not limited to your Taxpayer Identification Number. We may also ask you whether you want to receive text messages relating to the Services. By providing your mobile phone number, you expressly consent to receive text messages from us relating to the Services at that number and to receiving text messages from the merchants and third parties we deal with. Third-party data and message fees may apply. You may decline to provide certain Personal Information to us, but, if you do so, certain features of the Services may not be available to you or the performance of certain features of the Services may be limited or not work at all.
It is important that the personal data we hold for you is accurate and correct. Kindly keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Information Collected from Devices.
When you access or use the Services via a device, including, without limitation, a desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, or another electronic device (each, a “Device”), we may collect information from your Device, such as your Device type and manufacturer, your Device operating system and version, your mobile carrier, your Device identifiers, your mobile phone number, your IP address, your browser type, your network connection type, information about the webpage that referred you to the Website or that you visited prior to the Website, and your behaviour and activity on the Website, the Application and use of Services.
In addition, if you download the Application to your mobile Device, we may collect information from your mobile Device about your location while you are accessing or using the Application and while you are not accessing or using the Application. We may use this information to provide targeted offers to you and notify you of nearby third-party locations where you may use the Services. You may opt-out of the collection of location data at any time by changing your settings on your mobile Device. However, if you do so, certain features of the Services may not be available to you or the performance of certain features of the Services may be limited or not work at all.
Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies.
The Cookies we use in connection with the Services may include the following:
- Session Cookies: Session Cookies are temporary Cookies that expire and are automatically erased when you close your browser window. We may use session Cookies to grant you access to content and to enable actions that require you to be logged into your Account to perform.
- Persistent Cookies: Persistent Cookies are Cookies that usually have an expiration date in the distant future and remain in your browser until they expire, or you manually delete them. We may use persistent Cookies to better understand usage patterns so we can improve the Services. For example, we may use a persistent Cookie to associate you with your Account or to remember your choices for the Services.
In some of our email messages to you, we may use “click-through URLs” linked to content on the Website or the Application. We track click-through data to help us understand and analyse interest in topics and use of the Services.
Do Not Track.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other third parties. We do not use technology that recognises DNT signals from your web browser.
Information Collected from Payment Card Networks and Transaction Monitoring.
If you link an eligible credit or debit card (a “Payment Card”) to your Account, we may collect Personal Information, including transaction information, from your Payment Card Network (e.g., Visa, Mastercard, American Express). By linking a Payment Card to your Account, you authorise: (a) us to share your Payment Card information with the third parties that enable us to provide the Services, such as payment processors (“Third-Party Service Providers”) and your Payment Card Network so it knows you enrolled for the Services; and (b) the Payment Card Network to (i) monitor transactions on your Payment Card to identify qualifying purchases in order to determine whether you qualify for or earn an offer linked to your Payment Card in connection with the Services; and (ii) share such transaction details with us to provide the Services to you. You may opt-out of such transaction monitoring on the Payment Card(s) you have registered by de-linking them through the Services or by terminating your Account.
Subject to the Terms of Service, in order to terminate your Account and your right to use the Services at any time and for any reason and for no reason, contact Customer Support and immediately discontinue all use of the Services. Please note that if you opt-out of transaction monitoring, certain features of the Services may not be available to you or the performance of certain features of the Services may be limited or not work at all.
- to confirm a qualifying purchase, reward Cayyesh Coins, or return to match transactions to confirm whether you qualify for an offer or statement credit;
- to create a record of the transaction information and thereafter maintain and use data in connection with the Services;
- to provide targeted offers that may be of interest to you;
- to conduct analysis for the improvement and optimisation of the Services;
- to inform participating merchants where a transaction occurred as needed for the merchant to confirm a specific transaction occurred or points should be awarded; for example, we may share the date and amount of your purchase and the last 4 digits of your card number so the merchant can verify your purchase with its records or confirm if there is a missing or disputed transaction;
- to provide participating merchants aggregated and anonymized information relating specifically to registered Payment Card activity solely to allow participating merchants to assess the results of their campaign;
- to provide information in order to respond to a request from government authority or a payment organisation involved in a transaction with you or a merchant; and
- to enable the sharing, exchange and use of transaction information described above and herein by and among us, the Payment Card Networks, applicable Third-Party Service Providers and applicable merchants.
Information Collected from Other Third Parties.
We may collect Personal Information from third-party social networks, subject their respective privacy policies and your privacy settings. We may also collect Anonymous Information, including Device identifiers, from third-party devices present at certain third- party locations, such as retail stores, restaurants, and other points of interest. Such devices may use wifi, near field communication (NFC), or Bluetooth low-energy (BLE) beacon technology to transmit signals about the location of your Device to us so that we may notify you via push message that you are near a location where you may use the Services.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
- provide the Services and notices related thereto;
- analyse, improve and customise the Services;
- provide customer and technical support for the Services;
- send you announcements, newsletters, promotional materials, and other information about the Services and third-party products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- detect, prevent and investigate actual or suspected fraud, hacking, infringement, or
- other misconduct involving the Services;
- collect fees and other amounts owed in connection with the Services; and
- comply with tax and other applicable laws.
In the event you or Cayyesh terminates your account, you agree that we may retain your data, including personal and transaction information, for one year from the date of termination for audit and merchant invoicing purposes.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
- if you request or authorise it;
- to complete a transaction or provide a service requested by you;
- to our Third-Party Service Providers that provide services to support the Services, such as payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting, order fulfilment, infrastructure, network storage, customer service, technical support, and promotional services and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- to comply with applicable laws, rules, and regulations, including but not limited to tax laws;
- to comply with governmental and regulatory requests, court orders, and subpoenas;
- to protect our rights, property, and safety and the rights, property, and safety of our users and others
- to enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the Terms of Service;
- with merchants that you transact with that already have Personal Information about you for the purpose of verifying offer-qualifying transactions; and
- if the disclosure is done as part of a purchase, transfer, or sale of services or assets (e.g., in the event that substantially all of our assets are acquired by another party, your Personal Information may be one of the transferred assets) or in the event of bankruptcy.
When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, we enter into a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing that contract. In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold Personal Information.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
You may opt not to receive promotional emails from us by contacting us or by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in any promotional email you receive from us. Please note, however, that we may still send you non-promotional emails about your relationship with us.
INFORMATION YOU SHARE SOCIALLY
The Services may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, and information publicly or with friends. The Company and the Payment Card Networks are not responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any information you share publicly or with friends. In addition, the Services may allow you to connect with us on, share on, and use third-party websites, applications, and services. Please be mindful of your personal privacy needs and the privacy needs of others as you choose to connect and share information with friends and others. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others. We also do not control the privacy practices of third parties. Please contact those websites and services directly if you want to learn about their privacy practices.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We have and require our Third-Party Service Providers to have, administrative, technical, and physical safeguards in place in our respective physical facilities and in our respective computer systems, databases, and communications networks that are reasonably designed to protect information contained within such systems from loss, misuse, and alteration. The measures we use may include storing Personal Information on secured servers, transmitting Personal Information using encryption technologies, and auditing and reviewing our data collection and storage practices.
To be clear, we do not store your Payment Card account information, and we do not have control over or responsibility for your Payment Card account information. When you provide your Payment Card account information through the Website or the Application, it is stored and/or processed by our Third-Party Service Providers in order for you to use the Services. Our contracts with these third parties require them to have administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of such information.
No method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information. You also play a role in protecting your Personal Information. Please safeguard your username and password for your Account and do not share them with others. If we receive instructions using your Account log-in information, we will consider that you have authorised the instructions. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of your Account or any other breach of security related to the Services. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to refuse to provide the Services, terminate your Account, and to remove or edit content.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to applicable law, which might, from time to time, oblige us to store your Personal Information for a certain period of time, we will respect your wishes to correct inaccurate information. Otherwise, we will retain Personal Information and record of correspondence with you for the period of time necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for (which shall include amongst other things, fulfilling any legal, tax, regulatory or accounting requirements), unless a longer retention period is required by applicable law or in the event of a complaint, or a possibility of initiation of legal action/claim. You may change your Account information at any time by updating your Account profile via the Website or the Application.
Please note that when you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND APPLICATIONS
Version 1.0 (effective October 13, 2020 to present)